Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

hi, i have a mercedes 230 slk auto kompressor. after driving

Customer Question

hi, i have a 1999 mercedes 230 slk auto kompressor. after driving for about 20 mins when you press the brake pedal it sticks on and the pedal starts to depress itself and bind on. you have to tap the pedal to release the brakes. i have had the brake master cylinder changed , that didn't cure it. changed the ABS pump and that didn't solve it. my mechanic is now scratching his head. can you help?

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Stan replied 3 years ago.
Please try t drive with ABS pump electrics disconnected. If problem disappears- issue is caused by the BAS (Brake Assyst) subfunction of the ESP/ABS. You might have a separate control unit for it on the Brake booster, or it can be part of ESP control unit. This depends on the VIN of your car.
If problem does not disappear (very unlikely)- cause is in brake mechanics.

Such symptom is most likely caused by the faulty BAS control unit.
It requires Star Diagnosis computer to check the electronics properly
regards,
Stan