Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

i have a petrol merc 113 vito van and if i corner in a too

Customer Question

i have a petrol merc 113 vito van and if i corner in a too higher gear or if i try to get away fast it backfires then runs like its on three cylinders until i turn it off and restart it
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Stan replied 3 years ago.
You are experiencing the ignition misfires. Once the ECU detects that this has happened for some period- faulty cylinders are switched off until next re-start.
So first of all, please have the spark plugs replaced, and their cables checked- if the rubber connectors fall apart when squeezed, they should be replaced as well.
Misfire can happen for other reasons as well ( faulty ignition coils, their wiring or ECU), but spark plugs and their connectors are the first place to start.

regards,
Stan