Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a 2000 clk Mercedes clk 230 kompressor. Fuse five in

I have a 2000 clk Mercedes clk 230 kompressor. Fuse five in the trunk keeps blowing ever since I set off the motion alarm. The wiring all seems fine. What do you think the problem could be? Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you I'll wait

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name isXXXXX 5 powers the alarm siren. You need to disconnect the alarm siren and see if the fuse still blows. The fuse also powers the trunk lamp but more than likely the problem is the alarm siren.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Please note that you must rate my service in order for me to receive credit for my help.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thanks. How do I disconnect the alarm system, thanks.

Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, the siren is located behind the front bumper on the left side. You will need to remove the trim panel between the bumper and the front wheel liner to access and disconnect the siren.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Please remember to rate my service!
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Disconnected siren but fuse five still blows. What else can I try, thanks.

Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, can you post your vin number for me so I can look up a wiring diagram on your car?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Marty, the vin number is WDB2083472F087932. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I very just replaced the fuse and everything seems fine now. It could have been just a duff fuse I put in earlier today. I'll just keep an eye out for any more battery drainage. Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Excellent! I'm glad you got it going.