Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

My boot will only open with the key

Customer Question

My boot will only open with the key
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, if the pneumatics will not unlock the trunk I would check the vacuum line from the PSE module to the trunk lock for leakage. For something like this I would draw a vacuum on the system by disconnecting the line at the PSE module and applying vacuum to the line. If the trunk unlocks then the fault would have to be with the PSE module itself. Since the PSE module is also in the trunk you will need to open the trunk and manually lock the lock to simulate a closed trunk. Unplugging the PSE or removing the fuse for the PSE or disconnecting the negative battery cable will sometimes reset the system and get everything working. You might want to try that first.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty