Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

my 190e auto keeps cutting out when manouvering especially

Customer Question

my 190e auto keeps cutting out when manouvering especially when trying to do a three point turn etc.and when coming to a halt.otherwise drives ok.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, for a problem like this I would suggest that you have the throttle body and idle air control valve cleaned. A dirty throttle body or idle valve can cause stalling when maneuvering like you describe and additional load is put on the motor. I would also check the intake system for vacuum leaks. The best way to do this is by smoke testing the intake system. The fuel mixture should also be checked and adjusted as needed. One other common cause of intermittent stalling on this model is a faulty fuel pump relay.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Please note that you must rate my service in order for me to receive credit for my help. If you have trouble with the ratings system please reply back and let me know if you are satisfied with my service.

Marty