Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Is it possible to diagnose the wiring loom which comes from

Is it possible to diagnose the wiring loom which comes from the ecu of an om906la 1999 atego engine, so as it could be started on the ground, and tell me which colour wires need to go where to start it.also how to wire up the six wires from the throttle to make it work.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still need a reply, thank you. Also realised that the year of the engine is 2004, not 1999. Sorry.

Thank you for getting back to me and correcting the information previously sent. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Please let me know the VIN of your Atego. I will try to send you the wiring diagram.
Regards,
Stan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
WDB9506142K848747
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay, my browsers stopped attaching the documents.
Click here for the wiring diagram of the ECU

The wire colors are in German only, sorry. ECU will need to get the CAN connection to the FR control unit for drive authorization and throttle position. The start and stop buttons are also shown ( S11 and S10), so there should be no problem hookin them up. Cheers, Stan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does the fr unit need to be powered separately, could you send wiring diagram for fr unit please,many thanks.
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
The FR should be already wired up in the cab, and connected via CAN lines to MR. No need to do anything with it, besides making sure that CAN lines are in order
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't forget, I'm basicly wanting to start this on the floor, not in a lorry.I have everything in place, the engine turns over but will not properly fire up, as though its starved of fuel, or injectors aren't opening.
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Click here for the FR module wiring

It will need the voltage supply and starter connection (terminal 50) It is used for drive authorization.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have everything connected as you describe, the only wire that isn't is a brown and black in black sleeviing, which I presume is t.d.c and crankshaft sensor, does this need to be connected to start, if so, where to. Many thanks.
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Check page 3 of MR wiring, the connections are a must to start
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Technical support engineer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just to let you know, we've started the engine. The wiring was correct all the time, the problem was that the engine needed manual bleeding at the injectors, not self bled . Thank you for your help.