Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

I have a SLK 230 compressor and the centrol locking is not

I have a SLK 230 compressor and the centrol locking is not working properly, only it dos lock the car but not unlock anything. But twice it did work for around 10 mins, the air compressor is working OK as you can here it runing can you help,PS I have tried a vacume pump on the drivers door and it held vacume

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 3 years ago.

Stan :

There is a pneumatic supply module in the boot, on the passenger side, behind the side paneling. When it becomes weak, there is not enough air to lock or unlock all of the actuators of the central locking. Please have it replaced to cure this problem

Stan :

regards,
Stan

Customer:

thank you very much I will get in to it as soon as posable

Customer:

Thanks very much I will get to it A S P I hope this works THOMAS

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Stan its Tom I have had the panel off and there is only one module and that's for for the radio, so I have taken the off side panel off as well as that is the side of the pump and all the pipe work and there is nothing there for that ether. There is one thing that I did not say about is that the light (indicater) do's not work when you lock are unlock the car with the key

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Stan it's tom I forgot to tell you that I have had a vacuum pump on the off side door lock and its holding the vacuum yoour Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Stan as I have said I have tried a new pump and it makes no difference its just the same I wondered if it was the switch on thee dash that you can lock the doors from the inside ? This is just a thought to clarify sides of car are you in the US are the UK,

Expert:  Stan replied 3 years ago.
Try to disconnect the PSE pump module's electrical plugs for 10 minutes and then re-connect it. If then it works for some time- it will mean that somewhere is an air leak, which causes partial central locking shutdown.