Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

codes u0423 and u0155,

codes u0423 and u0155, engine light, stop light and abs lights all come on after going over bumps or turning sharply. van runs ok though.esp lights come on too.

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you -

Can I just ask - what sort / type of equipment has been used for the code reading?

Do you have definitions for those codes? The machine usually shows that ----

Too - has any work etc been done at the vehicle do you know?

Rgds, MIKE.............................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's only a cheap code reader, the esp,abs,engine light and engine temp light come on. Also the warning triangle, but as soon as you drive of the lights go out, they come on as you are braking and sometimes when turning. The esp light comes on when going over bumps most of the time.

The rev counter and speedo drop down as well but come back up as well.

Many Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Andy -

Thank you for your reply and further info... My apologies too that I could only just get back to you..

With that extra info Andy, that all points to either faulty instrument cluster unit orbad connections to it / from it /earthing.

The wiring etc / plugs to the rear of the cluster need to be checked first then before condemning the cluster.

The two codes you have both relate to "lost communication / data loss from instrument cluster ) -- so that all adds up as above. The fact that it does this over bumps etc can very well mean you have a bad wire / connector check that first. If its not that - then its a fault internal - in the cluster. There are firms that specialise in repair of these units - considerably cheaper than a new one.. you can find them advertising on google or I can give you a contact if needs be.

So thats the way forward to get this sorted for you now Andy -

Let me know if you need anything else at all --

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Tech Expert