Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you as you ask.

Really with any of the parts you mention above - you can physically look, check on the engine to see what parts have been replaced... you will see clearly "New" parts - they are brighter than all else in the way of components - wiring etc.

You can tell by looking in the header tank normally too if you have had new water / coolant - you will / should see nice new / clean antifreeze.

With regard to the seals you mention, and pump - I assume you mean the in tank pump- you just cannot tell... but really, one would normally not expect a dealer to bill you for parts that have not been fitted.

It may be too late at the moment - but for future reference - always ask the garage to hold on to and show you / give you the old parts that have been removed - you could still ask them now if they have them - but thats the way to be as sure as you can be... Again - the only way to tell exactly and for sure whats been replaced would be strip everything thats been done - for unseen parts / seals etc - but thats impractical really -

You can express your concerns to the service manager as well - tell them you want proof of whats been done - and why - and why after all that , is it not fixed based on their initial diagnosis , of whatever the fault was. Then they will have to explain fully for you whats been done - why - etc.

Let me know if you need anything else at all --

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.