MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

Hi we have a new C250 coupe and appear to have a problem with

Hi we have a new C250 coupe and appear to have a problem with the wipers. Instead of clearing the water away the drivers wiper drags the water back across the screen. We have taken the car back to the dealer and have had a new wiper motor installed. However it continues to wipe the water across the screen instead of away. Any clues why this is happening? It only happens when driving at 60 mph and above. The dealer has said that all Mercedes do it. We don't believe they do and need an idea what this could be.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 3 years ago.

MB Paul :

Hi - my name is Paul & I will try to assist you.

MB Paul :

There are a few possibilities & I would hope that some of this has already been eliminated but here is what I would have checked from the start:

MB Paul :

First of all make sure the screen is correctly cleaned (may sound obvious but sometimes the glass can build up a film of grease) using a good quality TFR (traffic film remover) at your dealer - brake cleaner also works well & thoroughly wash off afterwards with normal car shampoo

MB Paul :

It could also be a poor wiper blade & would try a new set of blades

MB Paul :

Another issue we see that may not have been addressed is the angle of the wiper arm - Mercedes dealers should have a special tool kit for checking the arm is set to the correct angle - if not then this can cause issues like this. Make sure that the dealer has checked & set the engle correctly.

MB Paul :

Best regards, Paul