Peterkmiles
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology
37560582

I am interested in buying a SL350, but have been told be careful

Customer Question

I am interested in buying a SL350, but have been told be careful as they have a history requiring replacement seals. Where are these seals and what would be the cost?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 3 years ago.

The so series are pretty bad for water leaks, generally speaking if you were to present to a mercedes benz dealer it would be in the region of £3500 for a complete new set of seals and if it's a bad leak possibly a pse pump too.

It's a shame as they a lovely cars when not leaking.

My advice would be to have the vehicle inspected by an experienced mercedes technician prior to buying.
I hope this helps, please feel free to come back to me if you need further information on this question.

Best Regards
Peter