Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Hi. I have 2003 w211 e270 cdi automatic. After longer trips

Customer Question

Hi. I have 2003 w211 e270 cdi automatic. After longer trips or in heavy traffic, gearbox would not switch gear at normal revs, car would rev up to maximum and then switch gear. When engine cold, car would drive no problem. Diagnostics shows fault 'P2222 signal of y3/6b1 or y3/6s1 implausible'. Because the car is pretty old, my mechanic suggested to get a second hand gearbox, so i did and exactly the same problem occurred. Then i got another second hand gearbox and again, exactly same problem. Please help
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi all,
I did not find an answer anywhere yet, i am still waiting on an answer from expert. I will continue waiting. I just want an answer from a person who knows his stuff.

Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
Hi, sorry for the wait. My name is Marty. The fault codes indicate that the transmission control unit is not seeing the sensors in the transmission. This can be caused by faulty sensors in the transmission which obviously is not the case since three transmissions have been fitted or it can be caused by a faulty transmission control module or a fault with the wiring from the module to the transmission. The wiring should be checked for continuity with an ohmmeter and if it checks good I would suggest replacing the transmission control module. It is important that the fault codes in the module are erased with a factory level scan tool. If they are not erasing the fault codes the transmission will remain in limp home mode.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. I see that this question is still open. Do you need anymore help with this?

Please let me know.

Marty