mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi, Mercedes A Class A160 CDI Classis SE. New clutch etc fitted

Mercedes A Class A160 CDI Classis SE. New clutch etc fitted couple of months back. The old clutch central splines had worn away??? Now has the same/similar problem, either issue with the selection linkage or the clutch has gone again. Any know problem with clutches and or linkages? it was a LUX clutch fitted??
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

There is a known flywheel issue on these vehicles that causes the clutch to prematurely wear out and cause the issue that you are having.
When the clutch was replaced was the flywheel replaced?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike, No the flywheel was not replaced. when you say prematurely wear, are you talking about the friction face? My issue relates the splines in the hub of the clutch plate. KR, Paul

No the flywheel causes wear to the splines which results in the issue that you are having. The flywheel is likely what is causing your problem here.