mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hello, I have 2008 sprinter and the ignition will not turn

Customer Question

Hello, I have 2008 sprinter and the ignition will not turn , have changed key battery van battery fine, any suggestions please currently stuck on services
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Normally when this happens on these vehicles, one of the tumbler pins inside of the lock cylinder is not in line or is dirty.
The first step I would suggest is to spray some wd-40 inside of the key cylinder and most times this will free up the cylinder to turn, the overall fix is to replace the ignition lock cylinder.