Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I inadvertently left my car key in the ignition when I got

Customer Question

I inadvertently left my car key in the ignition when I got home, parking the car on a slight slope. I only realised some 6 to 7 hours later, when I was passing the car and noticed a light flashing, telling me I needed to depress the break more fully, and saying there were 3 malfunctions ( I have only this week had the car MoT'd , and aslo had the drivers wing mirror replaced due to a malfunction.

The car will not start. In fact, I cannot turn the ignition. Nor will the key lock the car and unlock. The problem now appears to be with the key, but I do not have a spare.

Can you help please ( I 'm due to go on holiday first thing tomorrow ! ).

Alun Cole

( Car reg CA54 OPK - CDI 320 )
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Alun,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Hello Alun,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Hello Alun,

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Shantal,

Many thanks for your willingness to try and assist. I'm very grateful to you.

The problem is now fixed, thank you ( it turned out that by leaving my key in the ignition the battery had run flat. Now all sorted thank you.

Kind regards,

Alun ( Cole )