Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

2004 crossfire airbag warning light on constant. what are

Customer Question

2004 crossfire airbag warning light on constant.

what are the probable causes -high to low probability - and where are the sensors and under seat connectors located for any simple fix?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YES

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.

There are a lot of possibility's for this issue and many sensors and modules that have to be checked , if you have no experience with the Airbag system then this is best left to the pro who have the diagnostic tool to test for airbag malfunction codes and to test sensors and modules.

First the system needs to be checked for malfunction codes this will cut down your diagnostic by 99% .

You may have a problem with the seat belt buckle ,most common issue drivers seat buckle .passengers seat sensor etc .

Lets say you go though the complete system and find the fault and replace what ever you find you still need the diagnostic scan tool to clear the codes and reset the system .

So sorry to say you need the scan tool ,you will save a lot more money doing a diagnostic so you know 100% the problem, and no parts get replaced unnecessary, Airbag parts are expensive .

If the system is not disarmed correctly airbags may deploy and cause
harm or death when working and testing the system.

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg