Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

WILL MERCEDES SPRINTER 2008 SINGLE TURBO FIT ON TWIN TURBO

Customer Question

WILL MERCEDES SPRINTER 2008 SINGLE TURBO FIT ON TWIN TURBO ENGINE my engine is twin turbo i have a complet single turbo engine same year i want to fited i will fit
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

if you also transfer the exhaust manifold and air intake pipework over then yes it should all bolt up

however its unlikely to drive very well as the ECU will be calibrated to expect a certain level of boost pressure at certain rpms

the different turbo setup won't match this requirement and I'd expect issues with it driving smoothly and accelerating