mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

when i disconnect the maf sensor on my 2005 slk 350 there is

when i disconnect the maf sensor on my 2005 slk 350 there is no engine check light illuminated and the performance loss is very negligable! the car has stared to get very sluggish before i found this out and the fuel return is not as good as it used to be.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Has the mass air flow sensor been tested?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike in response to your questioni havnt had the car into a shop yet. the car started to lose performance, i have had the timing checked for the dreaded balancer shaft wear and that is fine! Just seen on one of the forums that the maf sensor produces the same symptom. so maybee i need to have the maf checked? regards John

Yes the mass air flow sensor needs to be checked as from what you are describing this is your problem.
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.