mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My roof on my 230 CLK Mercedes is not working, how can I tell

My roof on my 230 CLK Mercedes is not working, how can I tell if it's the control box or the pump? Is there a test I can do?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Do you hear any noises at all from the roof when trying to operate it,also did any warning type lights come on prior to this happening?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No noise from roof when trying to operate it, but we hear when trying to open it a clicking sound from the boot(sounds like it's coming from the control box when trying to operate). I've noticed some oil under the pump no warning lights have come on prior to this happening.

Tony

With the clicking that you are hearing and the oil under the pump, this is consistent with a common failure of the pump and it will need to be replaced. I am also a warranty inspector and have inspected this issue many times on these vehicles.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for you time and help

No problem, thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi do u need to bleed the system when putting the oil in
No, the pump should prime it self. Thank you.