MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

I have a C class (CDI 350 about 2012)My I Phone 4s was fully

Customer Question

I have a C class (CDI 350 about 2012)My I Phone 4s was fully functional under Bluetooth
I now have a IPhone 5s which I cannot pair
How do you do this? Do you have to remove earlier phones listed such as "Percy's IPhone" first? If do, how?
Percy
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 3 years ago.
Hi Percy,

If you are no longer going to use your old phone then you can remove it but this is not essential as the system can remember multiple paired phones in it memory - select the old phone & deautherise it to remove it.

To pair the new phone I have attached the instructions below - there are a few different types of pairing instruction, this is for models between 6/2012 - 2013.

Click here for instructions: iphone pairing instructions

Let me know if you have any problems

Best regards, Paul
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This just does not work! There are two phones listed under convenience phone on the MB screen

Both are "percy's I Phone"

These must be the I phone 4 I had I guess but I'm not sure

Do I remove these and how if I have to?

Expert:  MB Paul replied 3 years ago.
Hi Percy,

From memory to delete the old phone stored you need to scroll down to select it then push to controller to the right to bring up a further menu where it should list "deautherise"

You said your car is "around 2012" - could you let me know your VIN number so I can check specific details - there are a few different versions depending on exact age of the vehicle.

And also just to confirm you are just using the built in bluetooth & not the full phoneprep cradle system in the car, correct?

And at what point are you getting problems in the instructions I listed?

Regards, Paul