Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

apart from Mercedes outlet is there anywhwere else I can purchase

Customer Question

apart from Mercedes outlet is there anywhwere else I can purchase the Cassette required to fix my Mercedes CLC220 CDI Sports panoramic roof
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.

Stan :

It might be worth checking with the car dismantlers :http://www.partshark.co.uk/

Stan :

Or if you ket me know the VIN, i can get you the part number so you can google it out. By cassete, you mean the cabling which is moving the sunroof, right?

Stan :

regards,
Stan

Customer:

Stan, thanks for your reply , The Garage hasn't dismantled the roof yet but it seems as though there are some "clips" broken, not sure about cabling. The roof was opening, noisily. The car has two blinds front and back, it was the back one which would not close and a bar which fits across the space had come off, this bar is used on the blind operation.

Customer:

The VIN is WDB2037082E060480

Stan :

and here for the picture

Stan :

once the faulty parts are removed, you can decide which parts are needed from the parts list and see if Google or dismantlers can give a better price for them

Stan :

regards,
Stan

Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Technical support engineer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Stan, you supplied a fab diagram of parts etc, I'm seriously considering buying a roof from a scrapped car ( one available completely intact), the idea being it may be cheaper to buy this and do a direct swap of the one in the car, so, can you lay your hands on any dismantling instructions / diagrams for a complete removal ?

Regards, George

Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
The headliner must be lowered of fully removed to do any replacement on the roof,
Click here for the instructions

The rest is more or less straightforward, but requires experienced fitter.. There is a ton of literature i have, i can't upload all of it. Please check with the mechanics, what instructions will they need after the headliner is removed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Stan, if the Garage goes with my idea of a straight swap of a panoramic roof removed fully assembled from a breakup, is it just a question of undoing some screws/bolts which secure it to the car after linings etc have been removed. Any diagram to show them ?

Regards, George

Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
I have only the instructions for rear and front parts, which requires glueing the glasses in.
Please let them drop the headliner to make sure diagnosis is correct. Then it will be obvious what is not clear regarding the removal.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Stan, when the car is manufactured am I correct that the panoramic roof would bought in complete assembly and lowered on to the body, if it's right what is the fixing method of this assembly to the car chassis?

I've asked this in case Garage goes with my idea of a straight swap with a complete roof from cut from a car.

I have a concern that if they take the existing roof off and investigate for the problems, by time this is done they could take ages before they identify where they can get parts from. The last thing I want is the car to have it's roof removed and sat around for weeks, It's my Wife's car , I think you will understand !

Regards, George