Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Hi guys, how can I solve a start error on an A .class Mercedes

Hi guys, how can I solve a start error on an A .class Mercedes after installing a new starter motor please?

Many thanks,

Victor.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Victor,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

Thanks for getting concerned about the problem that I facing and following it up to see if I have had any luck so far. I am still stuck on the same problem and was hoping that you organisation will come up with an concrete answer.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks,

Victor.

Expert:  Stan replied 3 years ago.
Hello Victor,
Original starter has a special relay on it, which is checked by ECU. So if non-original starter was installed- it can cause such problem. I cannot tell the resistance or exact schematics, but aftermarket starters may not fit the a-class with original immobilizer.
One possibility if you are in UK, to have it completely removed from ECU by this company:
http://www.turnerdiagnostics.com/diagnostics-3/immobiliser-problems.html?id=37

regards,
Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Technical support engineer