Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

I have a 2005 sclass 320cdi.Now and again it will show no charge

I have a 2005 sclass 320cdi.Now and again it will show no charge on the dash screen then the srs light comes on.After afew minutes the engine will stop.The car can then be restarted and will be fine for some days. Mercs have replaced the battery and alternator,but no difference .Any surggestions?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still need assistance with this one,stopped again this morning

Expert:  Stan replied 3 years ago.

Your description point to the ignition voltage interruption. It can be caused by relays in the driver-side engine compartment fusebox, or SAM module which is built in this fusebox.
Please have the ignition relays checked and replaced in this fusebox. The front SAM module can be checked with Star Diagnosis computer. But it's connections must be checked first of all before replacement.
Another possibility is that the vehicle key is starting to fail. If you have a spare key, please use it for sometime to eliminate the key fault.
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Technical support engineer