Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

mercedes 2002 slk 230 engine cooling fan was stuck on replaced

mercedes 2002 slk 230 engine cooling fan was stuck on replaced control module as old one was badly burnt. Car is running well but fan is not cutting in (wired direct to fan and it works) is their a fuse for this and if so where is it located. Based in the U.K what is the charge for the advice thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 3 years ago.

Stan :

Hello, the fan control module has a 50 amp fuse in the battery's fusebox, should be fuse 2. It is a maxi (big ) fuse. Older cars had it in the main fusebox, fuse M4.

Stan :

Please have it checked first of all.

Customer:

Hi Stan the power to control module is there, also tested the fan with direct feed and it works. Begining to think the replacement module could be faulty although the breaker who supplied it told me it was fine,might go to a Merc dealer and buy a new one.I had already checked all the fuses I could find including the 40 amp one in the box that contains the K40 relay .Many thanks (doing this as a favour for a good neighbour I am a Jag owner myself ) John