Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

My wifes 1998 SLK 230 has two warning lights come on SRS and

My wifes 1998 SLK 230 has two warning lights come on SRS and ARS with an ! mark New battery just fitted
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** the ASR problem you may be able to initialize the steering angle sensor and get that light to turn off. Try starting the car and turning the steering wheel all the way to the left and then all the way to the right a few times and see if the light turns off. If you have no success you will need to have the car connected to the Mercedes Star Diagnosis tester to read and erase the fault codes in the ASR system. On the SRS light the Mercedes tester is the only way to turn that light off. Most likely a low battery voltage fault code was stored in the SRS system when the battery was replaced.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty