Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Hi! I love my SLK 350 but the roof wont go down. The meaage

Customer Question

Hi! I love my SLK 350 but the roof won't go down. The meaage comes up "roof in operation" but nothing happens! What causes this? Thank you
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is Marty. This problem is often caused by a loss of fluid in the hydraulic pump for the roof due to a leak in the hydraulic system. When you operate the switch the roof tries to open but due to the loss of fluid nothing happens. The first thing to do is to get the fluid level checked in the hydraulic pump.If the fluid level is low the system will need to be checked for leakage. If the fluid level is ok the car will need to be connected to the Mercedes Star Diagnosis tester to check for faults stored in the roof control module. There may be a malfunctioning micro switch in the system that is preventing the roof from operating. The fault codes stored will point to the problem.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Kindly rate my service when you are done.

Marty