mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

have you a clue how to get back door on patriot jeep 2008 sport

have you a clue how to get back door on patriot jeep 2008 sport door catch undone on drivers side rear will not open with key or remote taken panel off door everthing working jus will not open
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. Since the door panel is off the rod that leads to the inner door handle or the outer door handle either one, pull this rod in the direction that the handle would pull it very hard while pushing on the door hard and it should pop open.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok have pulled both rods but even pushing on door at same time catch will not open to allow door to open.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have done that but still will not open if can get the door open will get new lock under warranty,no one seems to know how to get door open .

And it is coming unlocked correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes but it the catch that holds door closed after getting in and closing door that's why I had to take inner panel of from inside car as no other way.

Ok this is not going to be easy at all because when this happens there is almost always damage to the door once it finally opens. Because the latch mechanism is what has failed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok what should I do iv got a friend who took all panel off and handle

so do I leave it or can it be done or are you saying it will need new door.

please advise as its all ready cost me .I plan on selling it soon as well I will loose so much if door buggered.

Yes I'm sorry to say that the door is likely going to have to be replaced because of the damage that will occur. The only hope is to take the vehicle to a shop that has done this job before.