Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My Sprinter van 2012 is leaking engine oil

Customer Question

Where is my answer? I ended up by paying £22 and had no reply

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE.. Im happy to help you with your question. Im sorry to see you have had a wait.

Before we progress - I need to know all / exactly what you have done / tried so far... so if you can explain that for me please..

There can be many causes of a leak per se... - how bad is the leak... and whereabouts on the engine is it coming from... as in , area.. ie, top / bottom - side...etc...?

Too - have you definately identified it as engine oil ? On diesels , diesel can be easily be mistaken as it gets dirty on the outside of an oily engine ...?

When I receive your reply , I will get back to you asap thereafter -

Best Rgds, MIKE.....................................