Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

my phone will pair with my 2004 c55 bluetooth but wont connect

my phone will pair with my 2004 c55 bluetooth but wont connect to it, any ideas
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you...

First I just need to ask a couple of things -

Exactly what make / type of phone are you trying to use / pair?

When you say you have "reset" the bluetooth etc - how exactly have you done that?

What exactly is the issue you are having --? ie - will it pair but not work.. / will it not even pair etc --? What message are you getting on the display??

Last - please give me the Full reg number of the car -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.....................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike

I have a samsung galaxy note 2, I have removed all stored bluetooth devices from the cars audio system. it will pair but not work?

reg rv54ucg

display is saying turn on phone. In the arm rest i have a hfp bluetooth cradle b6(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Rory -

Thank you for your reply and info...

I do know that some of the Samsung range have limited functionality with the MB vehicles - but if its pairing up ok, it should "work"..

When you say it will not work - what exactly is the situation - whats not happening etc?

Plus - in view of the above - have you tried / can you try - a different make phone - to test the functionality side ?

Let me know how you get on -

Best Rgds, MIKE...............................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it just does not connect, says its all paired but wont connect. will try another phone

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi there Rory -

Thank you for your reply..

In that case then, I suspect its an issue with the Note - but yes - try another first and let me know - that will help us ID whats going on..

Speak to you later -

Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just tried an i phone 5 and same thing pairs but does not connect

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi there Rory -

Thank you for that ..

Are you using the COMAND system for this? and if so, is it "walking" you through ok?

Rgds, MIKE...........................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the comand system walks me through step by step, i.e enter code. On the dashboard it says please switch on phone

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi there Rory -

In that case, you have a software issue / fault... with the COMAND system.

Im afraid its going to mean a trip to the local MB dealers Rory - they will need to either delete and re instal the software - or update it ... either way, it involves plug in equipment that only they can do for you..

Given what you have described / outlined, thats whats going to have to be done now to cure this Im afraid / get this working for you Rory... thats the way Im sorry to say -

If there is anything more you need or would like to discuss - by all means get back to me but that is whats needed on this now to get this sorted for you from what you have said / described. It does happen sometimes . ( quite often actually to be truthful !)

.>> Meantime ...........Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds , MIKE.