mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a E350CDI Saloon 2011, 47k miles, there is a grinding

I have a E350CDI Saloon 2011, 47k miles, there is a grinding noise and feeling at low speeds both going up and down, it seems to be coming from the front drivers side. It passed an MOT yesterday? they said they could see nothing wrong? It also ran out of warranty yesterday too!! At higher speeds it seems fine?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing the issue that you are having is consistent with a wheel bearing on the front that is starting to go bad, it is common when the bearing is starting to go bad that the noise is only heard at lower speeds. The first step would be to have the front wheel bearings checked while the vehicle is on a lift.