mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

IS THERE A COMMON FAULT WITH AIR CONDITIONING NOT WORKING ON

IS THERE A COMMON FAULT WITH AIR CONDITIONING NOT WORKING ON MY MERCEDES CDI 220 W203 .HAS BEEN REFILLED BY KWIK FIT.BUTTON WORKS ON DASHBOARD BLOWS WARM AIR PUT IT ON AUTO STILL SAME.WORSE ON ONE SIDE THAN THE OTHER AND YES BOTH SIDES ON DIALS ARE POINTING AT BLUE.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

There is a common issue on these vehicles of the heater/ac actuators inside of the dash becoming stuck and causing the air not to blow cold.
The a/c compressor is working or the shop would not have been able to refill the system.
Unfortunately the way these are tested is by removing them which requires most of the dash to be removed.