mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi I have a 1990 sl 500. The alarm horn keeps beeping for

Customer Question

Hi I have a 1990 sl 500.
The alarm horn keeps beeping for no reason,
Can you tell me the location of this horn so I can permanently cut it off please ?

I have a clifford so I dont need the merc alarm.

Thank you very much.

Lee.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

The issue that you are having comes from a shorted wire in the steering wheel which makes the horn blow at random times.
The horn itself is located at the front of the vehicle behind the grill on the drivers side near the fender area.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No thats not it mate.

The alarm keeps going off... beep beep beep beep beep and the lights flash. A 1990 sl 500 has an extra horn burried under the bonnet somewhere so that a thief cannot cut the wires.

I need to know where this alarm horn is located please so I can find it and disable it as it could be a dozen different faults causing it to go off.

The alarm horn itself is located at the front of the vehicle behind the grill on the drivers side near the fender area, the grill and fender has to come off in order to get to this.