Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a 2006 Ml500 (w164) (UK) and need to know where the

I have a 2006 Ml500 (w164) (UK) and need to know where the front brake sensor wire goes to. Location, plug and pin number. As the wire has a break and I need to bypass the wire by running another one.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** you please post the 17 digit vin number for me?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

WDC1641752A045180

Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Please note that you must click on a positive rating after you read my answer in order for me to receive credit for my help.

Before you replace any wiring I would first replace both the front and the rear brake pad sensors with OEM sensors if you have not already done so. The front brake pad sensor wire connects at connector F pin 14 at the front signal acquisition module. It should be a white wire. The module is located in the battery compartment below the front seat. I've attached a picture below.

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was in with MB for a whole day and they told me it was the front sensor, so I have taken the whole of the front of the car apart. With your information I was able to determine it was not the front sensor.

So I started looking at the back sensor (blue wire) to find that it was a straight forward faulty earth from the rear sensor. Remade an earth and problem gone.

Thanks for your help

Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
You're quite welcome Paul. I'm glad you got it sorted out.

You just need to rate my service by clicking on one of the ratings so I can receive credit for my help.

Marty