mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My car (2006 w203 c200 petrol automatic) started fine today

Customer Question

My car (2006 w203 c200 petrol automatic) started fine today when I left work, and drove perfectly home (15miles) . I stopped at the local shop and when I came out the car started ok but idled irratically at low revs. When I got home (a mile away) I sat in the drive and listened to the engine and it was reving strangly at idle (not over reviving - under reving and sounding like it wanted to stall). I checked the oil and it seemed on the low side so walked to the garage and bought some oil thinking it could be that (although no warnings came on)... I topped up the oil and tried to restart it. The engine sounded like a diesel and ticked over badly for about 5 seconds and cut out. Now it won't tick over at all and there I quite a strong smell of petrol.

Any ideas?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing this issue sounds like one of the injectors are stuck open and is flooding the engine with fuel and resulting in the issue that you are having. The first step would be to have the fuel injectors tested.