Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

cant turn key r320#cd.se

cant turn key r320#cd.se
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you - Im sorry to see you have had a wait -

This issue that you have - the first thing to ensure is that the main car battery is ok / good as it needs to be - a fault with the wiring / connections to the battery etc - or a poor / failing car battery will cause this..so check on that first.

If thats ok - try your other / spare key... that will identify a key fault if you have one.. If you have a key fault, you will need a MB dealer to sort that for you Im afraid..

If its none o fthe above - then the fault is most likely to be a faulty ignition unit - and for this , Im afraid you will need to get the car to a MB dealer or garage that has the equipment to deal with this. This is essentially an electronic switch / ignition unit - they do fail - and need renewing if so...

So those are the usual causes of what you have there - thats the way to work through this one now -

If there is anything more you need on this or would like to discuss - by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Tech Expert