Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

What does fault code 204510 mean on a 2004 Vito 115 CDI?

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you ..

That set of digits you have there do not correspond to a proper fault code / format at all for the MB vehicles..

Im Im not sure how you retrieved that - if it was a "dash test" - then its not a fault code at all - we see that .

You will need to have a proper fault code machine plugged into the vans OBD port to obtain a proper fault code that will direct you properly with the fault finding..

If there is anything more you need on this or would like to discuss - by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This code came up on an RAC mechanics computer. The van would not start. The engine cranked over properly but it wouldn't start. It did eventually start and he scanned all the systems and everything checked out ok apart from this one thing. He didn't know what it was though. It has been doing this on and off for a couple of months now.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Steve -

Thank you for your reply and further info..

As regards the "code" in question Steve - thats definitely not a genuine / valid MB code...or even a euro code come to that... You can get "errant" codes like that for various reasons - it can be glitches caused by continual cranking - or it can be incorrect software used on the machine for the Ecu on the vehicle - we see all these sorts of things - really, you need to have it code read at least by an MB machine... or at least a dealer type / level machine if a local garage has such... and then go from there if this starting issue is to continue... that "code" is just no use to you at all..

As to the starting issues on these Steve - its common to have problems with the fuel filters - not sealing or plain clogging.. If its not been renewed recently I suggest to have that done and see how it goes..

After that - its common on these to get air leaks - not necessarily diesel out leaks - but air ingress on the "O" rings on the pipes to the pumps.. these can be renewed and is a strong contender for the fault - its a known issue on these...

If you car getting the engine fault light on or EDC lights, then do as above - change the filter / have the "O" rings replaced.. and see how it goes then. IF it doesn't cure it, have to codes read as above to progress with it Steve.

.. I hope that helps / explains further for you -

Please do click on the OK / Excellent ratings for me at this point Steve - Thank you ... and again - you can get back to me anytime as / if needed..

Very best rgds, MIKE.