Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi Greg, I have a merc C180 classic 1998 model, 202 series

Customer Question

Hi Greg, I have a merc C180 classic 1998 model, 202 series and I have tried to change the time chain only to find that after the installation there is no power like the engine is not advancing, please help with set up tips.
Miles
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello Miles,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shantal, I am still needing some advise as what to do or how to install my timing chain correctly. The variable advance and retard adjuster has proven to be part of my problem, none of the local macanics are able to help as this problem seems to be a bit out of there league. Help help help, I have not driven this car for nearly 2 months and only owened it for 2 days when the oil pump clogged up from lack of service from the previous owner.

Hello Miles,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing more information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.