Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a 2011 E350 CDI Cabriolet with the NTG 4 command system.

Customer Question

I have a 2011 E350 CDI Cabriolet with the NTG 4 command system. I stupidly pushed the wrong memory card into the PCMCIA slot under the on/off button. Because it was too small it has disappeared somewhere inside and I can't get it out. Is there any way I can get at it to remove it?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
..Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you -

Im afraid with this issue, there is no "book fix".. its a case of a common sense approach to it -

I note you have said you have failed to get it out - Im afraid the only way even to try - would be very think tweezers - and even then, I don't think you would manage it - there is also the danger of damaging the contacts inside the unit -so I really wouldn't advise it...

Im afraid that other than that - the unit itself , the whole thing will have to be taken out - opened up and so then the card can be retrieved..

Im really sorry there is no easy way around this - I don't know if the above is something you can do yourself or not or whether you will need garage help -- but that is the only way on this really - and so as to avoid any physical damage to the insides of the unit as above.

Once again - Im sorry there is no easy way on this -

If there is anything more by all means get back to me -

** >> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.