Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

hi mike you answerd a question for me i changed the sensor

hi mike you answerd a question for me i changed the sensor but fault code stiil comes back also code mr 0311 has started to apear can you help
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi yes i still need help

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** though not the same Mike that answered you before - Im sorry to see you have had a wait - I have been asked to help you save you waiting any longer-

With this issue - the code you have there now is for the crank sensor but with more to it than that - let me explain - this is the strict definition of the code you have now :

• 0311 10311 crankshaft position sensor, assignment of crankshaft and camshaft signal is faulty.

So-- you could still have a fault with the crank sensor, even though new, it does happen - but I would doubt it..

I don't know if you had the Ecu / computer reset after fitting the crank sensor - but you should have done - regardless of what you were told. That would be the first thing to do..then see how it is... If its all then ok as I would suspect, then thats that. But - if not.. then the crank sensor circuit needs checking for bad wiring / connections etc...and too - the cam sensor circuit also.

This fault can also be brought on by a stretched timing chain or gear / tensioner fault- in that if such a fault exists, the cam and crank sensor signals will not correspond as they should and the Ecu then pings up a sensor fault -

I dont know what code equipment you are using but you will need MB or dealer level equipment on this...to not just reset the code memory but to run Live Data checks if needed - the diy / home machines won't do this....

So thats the way forward on this now to get this sorted for you -

Im very pleased to have helped you -Let me know if you need anything more-

** ** >>Meantime -- - - >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Tech Expert