Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

I have a 2003 S320dDi which has just had a problem in that

Customer Question

I have a 2003 S320dDi which has just had a problem in that the front left bearings shattered which caused the brakes to fail and I have just collected the car from repair and now the display states that there is an EL Power Control problem. During the time my car was being repaired they said that there was a problem they found with some sluggishness on kickdown when drive testing so they cleaned some injectors and it is now fixed. Could this be related to the fault now showing? Also the battery was totally flat when I went to collect the car, could this also be related to the problem now showing. They had the car for 4 weeks as I had to go to Canada on business whilst they repaired it.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Stan replied 3 years ago.
The EPC warning you have is basically the engine warning light. You should return to the shop to let them make it right. The engine issue has not been fully repaired. A common problem on these engines are the o-rings on fuel lines between fuel filter and high-pressure pump. Please have them thoroughly checked to exclude air ingressinto fuel system.
regards,
Stan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Stan, the car did not go in for an issue with the engine, it went in because the wheel bearing disintegrated and caused the brakes to fail. When I collected the car after the repairs the battery was flat and the car could not start. When it did start the EPC came on and would not go off even when the battery attained full charge. I drove the car for another two days and then the EPC went off and has not come on again since. I am putting it down to low battery voltage and requiring a nudge to reset.