mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have just had my Windscreen replaced on my 1999 Mercedes

I have just had my Windscreen replaced on my 1999 Mercedes S320 and have noticed that the interior is not as quiet as it used to be prior to the screen replacement. Autoglass say that the replacement windscreen is exactly the same as the one taken out is this true ? Also the light sensor does not appear to be working as a warning message appears on the dash saying "light sensor visit workshop" I would be grateful for any advice.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

If the glass was not replaced at the dealership it is a aftermarket glass and not the original equipment. The aftermarket glass would be the same size but the sealant would not be the same and the glass would not have the sensor equipped which is where the light comes from.
The only thing that is going to solve this issue is for the glass to be replaced with a glass from the dealer.