Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi i have a merc sprinter(###) ###-#### starts fine when cold...

Hi i have a merc sprinter(###) ###-#### ***** fine when cold... For the last couple of weeks van has been slow to start when warm. Yesterday I did a 100 miles, stopped van then wouldn't start. 2 hrs later started fine no problem. Is this the same as above? Crank sensor ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** happy to help / advise..

It could be the crank sensor yes... but these suffer from easily clogging fuel filters that will cause this problem too... So do just be sure that its not something as simple as that - If its not been changed in a reasonable space of time / mileage, then I would suggest to renew that first and then see how it is... If its ok, then thats that.

They also suffer with fuel pump issues... if suspect that would need a proper diagnostic test to test pressure / output etc... Too- the crank sensor can be determined that way also..

So check the fuel filter first as the common issue with these - then I would recommend a diagnostic first to check for fault codes - then if none to go off, Live Data component tests to determine your fault.

Im very pleased to have helped you -let me know if you need anything more -

** **>>Meantime -- - - >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.