Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

I have a mercedes c200 coupe 2007 i tinted the rear

Customer Question

I have a mercedes benz c200 coupe 2007 i tinted the rear window by a professional and the two back side window the keyless started to give problem it not working good i have to put to the keyless very close to the door and press it several times before the door opens also the radio frequency lost i change the key batteries but the problem remaims

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 3 years ago.

Stan :

The amplifier for radio remote signal is located on the roof edge alongside the window. It's connecting plugs are under the rear roof pillar. Installer would usually remove them to do the tinting. Possibly the plugs were left disconnected for the amplifier. Please have it checked.

Stan :

Also operate the remote with all windows rolled down. The tint might be too metallic and cause interference in radio reception.