Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

Hi Mike, Many thanks for your adice - Ill follow up on the

Customer Question

Hi Mike,
Many thanks for your adice - I'll follow up on the front suspension first and see how I get on.
If it's the torque converter and given the age/mileage of the car, should I change?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again Barry -

I do tend to think it will turn out to be that --but , you cannot do that without being sure -so checking the rest first... ( just stressing that ! )

If it does turn out to be the TC , then - well, you have to weigh it all up Barry - ie - how good the car is otherwise... its age ( 06t is not "old" but you may decide you'd like to go newer...)... Its mileage -and so on... all against the cost you get quoted to change the TC - and then / against the cost of changing the car....

To be 100% honest - I cant really tell you / say what to do in that regard Barry.... you will have to make a personal decision on that -- but - those are the factors ...alongside your finances, as above, that you need to weigh up on this...

Perhaps the first thing - after ruling out all else, would be to get a quote for the job - I can't really tell you prices and garages charge differently around the UK - you would have to get a price in your locale... Its not going to be cheap though for sure... That in itself might make the decision for you ! ;)

I hope you understand what Im saying / meaning above... and I hope this helps you some at least.... but by all means let me know if you need anything more at all -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.