Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

the roof on my sl(###) ###-####wont close. the boot lid opens as

Customer Question

the roof on my sl(###) ###-####wont close. the boot lid opens as normal but the roof only comes up the first stage help?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome...

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise...

Sorry to see you have had a wait.... The usual fault here with these is debris in the mechanism or- even a bent / damaged part of the mechanism,... you need to very carefully insect the mechanism of the roof for the above.... anything like that will cause this..

Check on this if you haven't already and let me know how you get on..

Normally if its an electronic fault / switch / sensor etc, you will have a light on the switch / flashing and or beeping - but as you haven't mentioned that at all - then Im thinking it has to be mechanical issue as above - Let me know how you get on..

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meantime - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.