Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

MB B200 Auto 2008 76K. Gear shift wont move from P to R without

Customer Question

MB B200 Auto 2008 76K. Gear shift won't move from P to R without pumping the brake.
Any ideas what is wrong?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you -

The problem you are describing is that of a faulty brake pedal switch -

This switch sends a signal to the shifter to release it - as you say to shift out of P etc..

When the switch is faulty, this will happen - you need to fit / have a new switch fitted to cure this issue for you -

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meantime - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hello again -

Im just checking in with you -.. If you do need anything more- if there is anything else I can help you with , please just ask me - Im always happy to help you further if needed - Or, if we are done, per the way justanswer works, I do just need you to click on the "OK ratings" for me at this point - Thank you kindly in anticipation..

Best Rgds , MIKE.