Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

how do you disconnect the alarm siren from a 2004 c180 mercedes

how do you disconnect the alarm siren from a 2004 c180 mercedes ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

SHANTAL,i will wait for answer to question REGARDING ALARM GOING OFF AT IRREGULAR TIMES.

THANKS...EUGENE

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANKS...EUGENE

SORRY-SHUD HAVE SAID REMOVAL OF ALARM

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is***** happy to help / advise you..

Sorry to see you have had a wait...

Can I just ask - can you please give me the cars Full VIN - then I can advise you accurately...

Rgds, MIKE......................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI MIKE,

SORRY ABOUT DELAY IN REPLYING

VIN NO.WDC2030462R123794.

HOPE THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED

REGARDS EUGENE

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Eugene -

Thank you thats fine no problem at all -

Ok yes- the alarm siren unit is the usual problem here - what happens on this range / year of MB C class is that the internal batteries go old and corrode - causing the contacts to fail inside - and set the alarm off - a new siren is the answer.

You can disconnect it though as you mention - simply access the unit and remove the wires to it - It will sound off when you do that ( usually ) - just until the internal Ni cad batteries die.... the car will be fine.

Click this link HERE - to show you what the siren assembly looks like / what you are looking for - it is under the right hand front wing - you need to drop the dirt shield down to get at it -
Best to jack the car up and remove the wheel though some manage without taking the wheel off - personally - I like the easy way !

A new siren unit is the answer to fully alarm the car again - but you can just disconnect it as above...

Im very pleased to have helped you -let me know if you need anything more -

** ** >>Meantime -- - - >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Tech Expert