Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My a class will not start when in neutral the n sign does not

Customer Question

My a class will not start when in neutral the n sign does not come up on dash and it won't eve make a click sound
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE -Im happy to help / advise..

I see you have replaced the starter motor relay - Have you tested for power getting through to the starter motor - if so - is there power there both on the large and small ( trigger ) terminal?

Too - do you have any other fault indicators on the dash panel?

What other tests / checks have you done so far?

Rgds, MIKE.......................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No other signs com up just no gear indication n 1 2 etc go to turn key nothing
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Jason -

Thank you for your reply / info..

Do you have an answer for me re the circuit question I asked about ?

Plus - is this a fully auto model or Semi ?
Do you have access to any diagnostic equipment ?

Rgds, MIKE.....................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi mike it's semi auto have done no other checks all the dash board works fine and everything else turn the key nothing wot would be the best thing to test as I said no signs on dash regarding wot gear it's in no neutral sign that's prob why it won't start bit stuck cheers jason
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Let me research this a little more for you and I will get back to you as quick as possible. Thanks for your continued patience.

Mike
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Jason -

My apologies that I couldn't get back to you earlier -

I feel you most likely have a fault with the module that has overall control of the semi auto system Jason.. and as such , the way forward is to have a plug on code test done.. I know thats a pain if you don't have such equipment but it would be worth having that done at least first - so that you are on the right track - and so not waste money.

Its not an unheard of fault but with different causes - so if you can get a fault code test done Jason - with the fault code that you will retrieve ( which will be there because of the type of fault it is ) , then you know for sure the way forward.... so thats the way forward on this one now Jason to get it sorted for you....

Im very pleased to have helped you -Do let me know if you need anything more -

** **>>Meantime -- - - >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.