Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a light on the dash on the ec button and no cold air

I have a light on the dash on the ec button and no cold air comming from the vents.
I cannot turn off this light and even had gas pumped into fill point it would appear that the pump/compresor does not cut in.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you with this..

Certainly the compressor unit not working will cause that light ( and non operation of the system) - the light being stuck on like that is acting as a fault light...to tell you there is a fault.

Th trouble with these systems on this model, there is a lot to the system - by that I mean - electro switches / thermo switches - relays and so on... so while it could be a failed compressor unit in itself, if one or more parts of the system is not working, that will knock the compressor off..

So what to do - you need now as your next step, to have a plug in "fault code" check done on the Ac system.... Many small type garages can do this for but - a lot make the mistake of checking the engine systems - not the Ac - its all done on the same socket - but it has to be done with the correct machine -and software..so just check with the garage you ask, that they do indeed have the correct equipment to test the Ac system.

If you have a MB dealer check it - there equipment can actually "actuate" the various parts of the system -which is incredibly helpful when locating this sort of a fault - as well as fault codes..

So that is the way forward on this one now to trace this fault properly and quickly -and cost effectively for you ... Being its a fully electronic system.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds Nicholas -- MIKE.