Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a w129 that has just been resprayed,

Customer Question

I have a w129 that has just been resprayed, the roof now only goes up halfway and then stops,it is very sold when stuck, if I turn the engine off I can close it manually, any ideas. Adrian XXXXXX

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Adrian,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you ..

Im sorry to see you have had a wait....

With this issue there can be several reasons/ causes of this... ranging from hydraulic issues - hinge / mechanism issues to "control" issues.

But usually, this is down to a hydraulic fault - so the pump / fluid needs to be check first - it may for some coincidental reason be down on fluid - or the pump could be failing ...check for leaks - check the lines... and also - check the actual mechanism - for any damage to - bent linkages etc --which we often see after work on a vehicle.. While manual winding will overcome it often, often the pump wont -and will jam either way.

There are other things of course but you need check as above as usually the fault will be found there - one or the other, that you can address once found... Let me know how you get on -

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.